Cuphea Hyssopifolia Plant / False Heather Plant
Cuphea Hyssopifolia is an evergreen shrub or perennial plant. This is also known as false heather but it actually not belongs to the heather family. This plant looks like a bonsai tree plant. A plant having so many tinny beautiful star-shaped flowers that bloom a year.
- Stardust bush
- Mexican Heather
- Hawaiin Heather
- False Heather
- Origin native–Mexico
- Family- Lythraceae
- Category– Shrub and perennial
- Maintenance– Low
- Height– Approx 2ft
- Flower- Tiny star-shaped flower bloom whole year.
- Color – Lavender, pink-red, purple, white color
- Attracts- hummingbirds and butterflies
- Foliage– Small, evergreen, opposite, dark green, light green
How to grow Cuphea Hyssopifolia Plant / False Heather Plant?
Requirements for plant
- Water – Regular water does well
- Light –Shady sunlight, in full sunlight
- Temperature – Warm temperature lover, can’t tolerate frost.
- Soil – Acidic, well drainage, moist
- Propagation – By seeds and softwood cutting
- Pruning – Light pruning if you want a bushy plant, prune in the spring season
- Use– Ornamental, landscape design
- Antioxidant property
- Used in fever and cough