If You love plants but you don’t know anything about planting. Also If you always on vacation and don’t enough time to take care of your plant then Fishbone Cactus/Ric Rac Cactus plant is the best solution for your garden.
Fishbone also is known as zigzag,dish cactus, Ric Rac cactus and many more because of fish skeleton bone structure leaf. It’s a leaf fern cactus and truly fun for the gardener.
About Fishbone Cactus/Ric Rac Cactus
Fishbone cactus/Ric Rac cactus is looks like fish Skelton bone. Their zigzag leaf structures make this beautiful. It blooms in the night and the flower looks like an orchid bloom in red, white and pink color.
A tropical rain forest cactus but like more humidity as a comparison as other cactus.
This is a purifier plant. It is best for hanging plants. It can grow in sunlight and partial sunlight also uses as an ornamental plant and grow indoor.
Grow and Care Fishbone Cactus
Fishbone cactus is a very easy to grow plant. This requires well drainage soil to grow and like humidity. Watering for this plant not require much but in the growing stage require to keep moist and in winter season water it when it dry.
- It can grow in sunlight and partial sunlight easily.
- Propagation is easy for this plant. Cut a stem and stick in soil. It takes a lot of time so don’t worry about the plant. It will definitely grow.
- You can also use this method as just cut a stem and put in water after some time the roots will come out and then you can plant it.
- Like orchid plants use fertilizer in water from easily to dilute but don’t over fertile it.
- Pruning and deadheads require for growth. If the stem has long trails make it short through cutting stems.
- If you found any rot in plant or dead or dry stem just cut away that part.
- For this plant repotting not much require like another plant. You can repot every 4-5 years if you want to repot.
Tips: Use gloves when planting or propagate as it has spine on stems.